Sunday, May 9, 2010

This years flowers.

My house looks like a field of tulips. I have vases and vases of every color and it is very much like Spring and one more special Mother's day. Roses are usual my holiday gifts but this year Robert bought me tulips for valentine and I happened to mention to Lucinda how much I enjoyed them, so I got several dozens in mary lovely colors. It is quite inspiring to have your home filled with flowers that you feel were sent with love. My yard has great pink roses so I will pick a bouquet of them for contrast..Robert bought me a delicious lunch yesterday. and Larena and boys sent special cards. Laena's was beautiful. The sentiment especialy touching. I told her when she called she must have inherited a card picking gene from her father. Terry was always exceptionally good at finding the perfect card for the occasion. I love cards and calls the very best. I must say I like being honored on mother's day as it makes you feel you have done your job well.

Friday night I went to a chocalate and wine party with friends and it was a great atmosphere of celebration. Much laughter and delicious food.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you on Mother's Day with a house full of tulips! Glad you are enjoying the day. I am, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a field of beautiful tulips...makes me think of spring. Post flowers! We might have spring in Panguitch in June this year. We finally have one little blue flower outside.
    No tree in bloom as yet. I enjoyed your Mother's Day blog.

    ReplyDelete