Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lunch, breakfast, dinner.

I was thinking about how much of one's entertainment is wrapped up in food. Especially when one gets older. I now understand better about Aunt Thirza's book where she told what they had for supper each night. I thought it was a good book except for that.

My socializing often now a days consists of going to restaurants. Phoenix has a lot of them and it seems I am always going to meet a friend for a meal. The other morning all the Executive Homes crew met at my favorite breakfast spot in my neighborhood. We can always talk for hours it seems and catch up on each others lives. It is quite unusual I believe, that People who work together stay together for thirty years. I know families who are not that close. When Gail was here Sonney was having a charity event for 175 people (in her beautiful yard.) and Gail just had to go down and visit for a while. She and Sonney have became solid friends. The event was for for people who have lost a child. I didn't go as one hundred dollars per plate seemed a bit pricey for my present budget. I do know a young girl they have set up for free counseling who lost a baby three years ago.( A very hard thing to get over) so the money was definitely for a worthy cause. They put together a charming cook book with recipe's from all the chefs who prepared the food, plus some from the best restaurants in town. I thought I would buy one of those as a gift for Gail. She would actually use the recipes. I wouldn't. I am lucky if I can scrabble an egg now days. Besides it is too hot to cook. I am a grazer anyway. just eat small amounts all day long. That seems to work well for me. Keeps up my energy and holds my weight steady. I had to laugh at one of the ladies at our breakfast get together who, was talking about her elderly mother in law being nothing but skin and bones. Carol herself is about as big as a minute and looks like skin and bones. I find it quite interesting how people perceive themselves. My Doctor told me I needed to gain a few pounds. I had been worrying about getting too hippy since I don't exercise much any more. Of course I have always been built like a pair. In any event we are still a nation of hunters and gatherers.Hunt the super markets for what might taste good.

Anyone want to come to my house for coffee and Krispy Kremes. I promise the conversation will be lievely. There are politics, oil in the gulf, emigration and war in Aphaganistan to be hashed out. All life and death matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment