Sunday, September 27, 2009

Glamour days

At the height of my career as a new home sales person, every year they had the MAMES . Stands for "Major Achievement in Marketing Excellence" It was quite the elegant affair. Each year my friend Sonney shopped for the perfect dress and always looked like one of the most beautiful movie stars on Oscar night. I on the other hand, was much more unconcerned and looked some what mediocre. The year of the picture above my niece Janice was in town and insisted we SHOP. The dress was prettier than it looks here as it had a waistline of sequins and pearls. Janice of course insisted it deserved the correct earrings. Off we went to Zia Gallery. I wasn't used to spending $75. for a pair of costume jewelry earrings but I quickly adjusted. They did have a lot of bling under the lights. My date was the above sweet Bruce Evens and he was properly appreciative.

I knew I had sold a lot of Real Estate that year but hardly expected to be called to the stage with the million dollar producers. I was nervous but thought it was fun too. (My moment of Fame.)

Incidentally the earrings were very heavy and I only wore them that one night, still I could blame them for my ears growing longer. I have found lately that is a result of growing old, but I'll never forget the day I looked in the mirror and noticed my big ears. I was so shocked, and thought how in the heck did those ears get on my head. Oh well it makes us appreciate our days of glory as we observe our selves in our declining years.

3 comments:

  1. In retrospect, some events stand out. Highlights of a long work life in your case. I also enjoyed the photo. Bruce Evens does look like a very nice guy. And you look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to see the whole outfit. Those earrings are startling and very chic. You two look like an outstanding couple, and it's fun to remember the glamour years!

    ReplyDelete