Monday, July 5, 2010

Trek to Slide rock

I made it down the treacherous rocks and many steps to find a great rock like a bench ,where I could see my cute grand nieces having fun in the water.Sedona is always an adventure, amd bromgs back memories of happy visits and lots of hiking in it's gorgeous canyons. I was raised in red rock country so when I first moved to Arizona and would feel homesick I would always jump into my car and head to Sedona.

My niece Janice, her husband Steve, daughters Alyca and Anna have been visiting the past week and I wanted them to have fun in natures water park at Slide Rock. They loved it. We also had a picnic and of course stopped at the famous Fudge Factory. All in all they were properly impress. That place is a photographers dream so even the kids cell phones captured it's beauty.

They were here for a week, including their two Shelty dogs. They have been known to be very hyper in the past but seemed to have matured and were really polite. They would even step carefully aside if I met one in the hallway. They seemed to sense you have to be careful with old folks. Robert got his 'dog lovers' fix, so that was good. He was happy to tend the dogs if we went some place where they couldn't go.

I loved having them, but m,ust admit to getting very tired. They left just in time for me to leave for the Scrabble Club's 4th of july party . held at a lovely home in Carefree where we could end the day watching the fireworks from the patio. My games were less than perfect because my eyes were not doing well. In fact I was very dismayed and bummed that the red rocks of Sedona were not nearly as intense to my eyes. Looked like they had all been washed with a heavy rain fall of bleach. Sign. Well at least I could still see them and walk well down the rugged trail, so I guess I will just remember to be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Making it to Slide Rock one more time is worth blogging about. I had one last trip there a few years ago but don't think I will be making it again. Sedona is a photographer's paradise. Glad to hear Janice's kids have grown up to be polite and well trained, that is the one that was giving them some concern who was adopted so generously by her. Glad to hear you are still playing Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete