Thursday, July 8, 2010

Watching "What Dreams May Come"

Last night Robert and I watched this film, and even if it is fairly old I enjoyed it a lot. Robert had seen it but I hadn't. The putting together of a film from pure imagination about life after death was quite a fete.It was well crafted and gave food for thought. Unusually in some of the films today. Rather dark but beautiful in other places. Touching when he meets his beloved dog from childhood. (Who says dogs don't have souls?)

I have always imagined that one would have the freedom to be where they wanted to be and create whatever environment they wished. Even though this film suggested that it also sounded as though one had to work very hard to make things right they had done in this world. Made sense, (but made me tired to think of it.) I'll probably have to rest a hundred years or so before I can make much progress in the here after.

It reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend Susan just before her death. She knew she was terminal and we frequently discussed what might come for her. She said since all is energy she thought of it as a big river where energy went in and energy went out with the birth of new babies.

A few weeks after her demise I was in a deep sleep, not dreaming but in my mind I heard the message,"There is a river" It gave me such a jolt I came fully awake. At first I thought this meant I should read the book by that name once more. It had been many years since I read it and was int"rigued. Later I though "No, this has to do with Susan. Where ever she might be I hope she has her energy, keen intellect and great talent as a horse photographer. I hope lots of beautiful horses are hanging around waiting to have their pictures taken.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that movie. I thought there were a lot of good ideas about what a hereafter might be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed this movie. I thought they created a magical place. It has been awhile since I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear your grandson has decided to go back to school. Sometimes they need a break. Remember Scott took two years off before he went back and let's not forget that Joey graduated last year. In my last reading that I gave Joey I told him he was going to find himself. I hope graduation comes with a job somewhere.

    ReplyDelete