Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank God for Airbags.

Larena just called me to talk about having an accident today, strong enough to deploy the airbags. Only she and Trevor were in the car and neither were hurt. Trevor did have a headache but she thinks it is from being hit by the airbags. The car is totaled but they do have insurance. I'm so grateful neither one of them were hurt ,but I can tell she is pretty shook up. I have worried about her as they are on the go all the time, running to work a half hour away and taking the boys to or from sports.

I worried about her after visiting as sometimes she seemed so distracted. Of course this sort of thing can happen to anyone at any time. The van in front of her stopped unexpectedly and she didn't even see her brake lights. She drives a smallish car like mine. In fact it is an Altima the same color. Both Brian and I have cautioned her about wearing a seat belt. She is like her dad (and mom) very stubborn when she makes up her mind about something. I thought for sure the bad accident she was in here would make a believer about seat belts for her but that didn't happen. She is very concientious about the boys being buckled up so it is not that she doesn't believe in them. Maybe she gets claustraphobic. I suspect more that is a feeling of wanting to live on the edge a bit. I just wanted to hug her and the boys. Thank goodness Brian is so supportive. we can never take life for granted.

3 comments:

  1. Always a worry when driving family members are going to and fro often. Umm, I hope she decides to buckle up. Glad she and Trevor are both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like they could have been seriously hurt without buckles and bags. I'm glad to hear everyone is all right. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had bags which were deployed, thank goodness. Apparently those things can hurt too. Trever is just big enough to sit in the fromt now.

    ReplyDelete