Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wedding at the quaint little church on the corner.

When I first moved to Phoenix, Gary and Candy were being married at a small church on the corner of Sandra Terrace and Cave Creek road. This was only about a block from me house and I was happy that I had been invited to dear Gary's wedding. Then I realized I didn't anything even remotely appropriate for a wedding. In those days I couldn't just run to Macy's and pick something up. Sweet ,generous Ann said," Oh it is no problem, I'm sure we can whip something up. I think I even have some fabric that will work." She indeed managed to do what to me would have been a huge task. I wasn't exactly used to wearing large printed gowns but I loved what she did. I understand she is still very creative about 'whipping up' a costume or a dress for a grand daughter in need. I thought it was a very touching gesture. Incidentally the wedding was beautiful and it was a happy day. Wasn't I lucky to have such friends to make my transition from the country to the city, from marriage to divorce as easy and interesting as possible?

The picture from left to right is
Ann(The heroine of this story, ) Margie, Me, LaRae, Linda and Gerry. I was raised in a family with five sisters so I was very happy to have a group of five sisters to adopt me.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this but even I have got these weddings confused. This looks like Gary and Kathy's wedding. I barely got invited to Gary's and Candy's wedding and I don't think any of the family did. I insist that one wedding photo was Raymond's wedding because I borrowed a dress from Linda and she says I was wearing it. Ann and even Cheryl I think insist this is Cheryl's wedding which I don't remember attending. Ann has labeled it Cheryl's wedding in her book. So it is certainly understandable if you did not know whose wedding you actually attended, but it was Gary's and somebody's. He has had 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment made me laugh and I was not at all surprised I had mistakened Candy for Kathy. I did debate with myself about that very thing , and decided Candy probably because I knew her better. Oh the many wedding attend when they live a long time. It is no wonder we get mixed up if there is more than one per person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely Gary and Kathy's wedding because I didn't make it down to Gary and Candy's. Gerry, the picture that LaRae had on a plain blue flowing dress was Cheryl's wedding. I hardly remember whipping you up a dress, LaRena. I like to make clothes to fit.
    I should have been a dress designer...except I couldn't draw. I could fit, but not draw..that's why I'm not a dress designer.

    ReplyDelete